Senior Accountant/Assistant Controller
We are currently seeking a senior accountant/assistant controller. The person in this role will be an important member of the accounting department and interface with all departments. Maintains and records day-to-day general ledger activity across all G/L accounts. Subsequent internal and external reporting as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with banking requirements including account reconciliations.
- Reconciles and reviews general ledger accounts and prepares month-end journal entries.
- Assists with preparation and reporting of sales/use taxes, including subsequent audit support and analysis.
- Assists the controller in preparing financial reports and analyses on a monthly and annual basis.
- Supports the controller in initiatives and special projects to ensure timely, efficient, and accurate information to internal and external customers.
- Assists the controller in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Supports the accounting team occasionally with the following: prepare billings for projects to ensure all cost are billed in a timely manner,work with project managers to ensure timely collection of customer invoices, distribute payments to subcontractors, handle subcontractor lien waiver tracking, and assist with processing of payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Two+ years of experience in general ledger and accounting responsibilities.
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus.
- Strong understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Team-oriented, flexible, professional, and enjoys new challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word and intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with Sage and Quickbooks is a plus.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Projects consist of interior buildouts, restaurants, big box, and other commercial buildouts.
We are looking to hire superintendents for work starting immediately. Candidates should have five or more years of experience in the retail/commercial construction industry. This position requires extensive nationwide travel for the superintendent.
- Minimum of five years of retail construction experience
- Proactive leadership skills
- Excellent proactive communication skills
- MS Word, Excel, Project proficient
- Excellent knowledge in all divisions of work
- Understanding the plans and specifications completely for each project
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Coordinating all phases of work from start to finish
- Quality control
- Maintain project schedule
- Safety meetings and reports
- Daily logs and photographs
- Working with building officials and landlord representatives
- Receive and inventory deliveries
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Superintendents must have a valid driver’s license, clean background check, and will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening before employment is offered.
Please submit resume and completed retail project list to: email@example.com
No telephone calls please
Resumes accepted at
Elder-Jones, Inc.1120 E. 80th Street, Suite 211 Bloomington, MN 55420-1463
Fax resumés to: 952-854-2703,
Attn: Employment Openings
Email resumés to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*No phone calls please*